Contrary to popular belief, there are only a very few grants available to start and grow businesses.
Estimate the Amount of Funding You Need
Start at the beginning: how much money do you need, and for what?
- Tips on Estimating Startup Costs (Small Business Administration)
- Online Startup Costs Calculator (Bplans.com)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) counselors can also help you determine your startup or expansion financing needs
Determine the Best Source of Funding
- Find an Angel Investor Group
- LED Financing and Capital
- Small Business Funding for Women
- Small Business Funding for Minorities
- Other Small Business Funding for Minorities
- Lift Fund in Louisiana
- Overview of Business Financing (BizFilings by CT)
- Quick Pick chart of funding sources based on stage of business (BizFilings by CT)
Put Together a Business Plan
Most funding sources will want to see a clear plan for your business. Get started with your business plan.