- This event has passed.
SBA Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification Virtual Conference
August 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDTFREE
Topic: Government Contracting
Join us for SBA Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification Virtual Conference as you will hear from Small Business Administration regarding the certification processes, procurement opportunities, funding opportunities, technical assistance providers, small businesses and a panel discussion addressing “Lessons Learned Through the Pandemic and from Other Disasters.”
The federal government’s goal is to award at least five percent of all federal contracting dollars to women-owned small businesses each year. To help provide a level playing field for women business owners, the government limits competition for certain contracts to businesses that participate in the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contracting program.
Women-owned small businesses can begin taking steps to participate in the federal contracting program. At the end of this conference, you will receive valuable information to assist you in your process of becoming certified and procurement ready. For more information on Women-Owned Small Business Certification, visit www.sba.gov/wosb.
Speaker(s): • Jo Ann Lawrence, SBA Deputy District Director
• Lori Jackson, Director, Women’s Business Resource Center, Urban League of Louisiana
• Patrick Bell, Assistant Commissioner for Diversity & Opportunity at Louisiana Department of Insurance
• Ada Womack-Bell, Director, Southern University Baton Rouge LSBDC
• Cynthia Beaulieu, Director, SUNO Small Business Development and Management Institute
• Marjorae Ball, SBA Economic Development Specialist
• Gail Brogan, SBA Business Opportunity Specialist – Moderator
• Paula Roddy, DOTD Compliance Program Director
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.